Monday, June 30, 2008

Poem

I wrote this poem on 09-10-2001. I read it now and although slighly embarrassed it reminds me of my desperation for love and connection. Its honest.


Pull you inside out,
Tear you apart,
Look into your thoughts,
disect your bleeding heart.
The light that shines from your soul,
Is losing all its shine.
Your eyes don't look brighter
But your insides look devine.
The more hours spent with you,
the faster you cut the wic.
What makes you smile, laugh and cry.
I still wonder what makes you tick.
Love is unconditional,
what I say may cause confusion,
trust me what you see,
is only an illusion.
Words never die,
memories never cease.
Emotions never change,
I can't hold what brings me peace.
Look into my soul,
touch my cold frail hand,
tell me you still love me,
step into forbidden lands.
I could fall into you all over again,
I could lose myself and sink,
All I need is a look,
A little wave,
A wink.

No comments: