So this weekend was much fun. Friday I left work around noon and went home to finish packing for the Nachogdochas festivities. Jeff arived around 3 and we rode with his parents all the ways there. Tara and James met us at the hotel. That night we just ate and slept. Saturday we went to the festival like 2 blocks from the hotel. It was hot, humid but full of blueberry goodness. There were tons of little vendors and things to eat and free water, muffins and ice cream. There was a car show and a bus shuttle to take you to the blueberry farm where we ended up picking like 14lbs of blueberries. After that we went back to the hotel and left for the flea market like 2 miles up the road. It was neat and kind of small and trashy because I think some people were actually living there but it was still awesome non the less. Then we ate and went back to the hotel where we continued to drink until drunk and swim in the pool. Parents ordered pizza and we fell asleep. Sunday was just a drive back home where we stopped at a Farmers Market and I picked my dad up some pretty nice watermelons, both red and yellow, some honey with the comb still in and Jeff got like 6 lbs of blackberries. So we got home and I went to see my dad since it was Fathers Day. After that we watched Jumper and The Other Bolyn Girl which was actually pretty awesome.
And now your putting the yellow block on the red block. You play so well. I like it when your quiet. Your doing a great job. Because thats what my story telling is like.
On a crazier note.....I have recently discovered some amazing news regarding my family tree. So here's how this goes. I know I have always been told there is Indian in our family like back in the day my Mothers Father's Mother was born on a reservation yada yada. Well that's cool and all but not until recently during this whole adoption shin dig have we discovered there is a slight chance you can be placed with a Native American child but like almost 0% chance of adopting them ever because of the Native American band on whities and you have to have some sort of Indian Card to show your fill in the blank quantem of Indian blood. So I decided to check it out. You have to show proof to the Indian Council of your family history including birth and death records and marriage records. So I call my mom, she knows some info and tell me to call my Aunt Derisse, so I call her and she tells me that she had done some research and no one can find anything passed their dad's mom. Uh....hello, how crazy is that? She then continues to tell me that my great-grandma, whos name is Bettie, was born (maybe) on a reservation and then taken away and put into Foster care and was almost adopted by these people but the wife hated her and she had to go back to the orphanage. When she was old enough she married our great grandpa Travis Bankston and when going to file for her marriage or birth license, something like that all she put down about her parents were their names and her mothers married name, her maiden name is still unknown so now we can't find anything past that...so far. Well first off.....uh why did no one bother to tell me I had a great grandma in foster care? That would have been usefull to tell Depelchin during my 5 month interview. And second what a great family mystery! I am now on a mission, and although the whole thing to pursue the indian card has been dropped, maybe, we are now pursuing founding out where the hell we came from.
And Adell is this super Ancestory Family Tree Queen. She's been doing it for like 15 years and if there was ever one thing I can say that she conquers it is that. So she has this amazing family tree that dates back, no joke, to like 750 AD. I don't know how that works or how accurate it is once you get passed like the 1000 AD but there it is non the less. So she's always been like oh Heather we need to do your family tree and I have been like yea yea whatever so and so said they were doing it and I didn't want to bother with it because it sounds kind of boring. But now that I am older and just discovered we don't know anything about our family and apparantly no one has been able to find anything past our great great grandmother, here I am.
Amazing discovery # 2. My mom and her siblings are adopted. OMG! WTH? Yes I just found this out. While going thru some records online I was able to pull up her birth records for her and all her sisters and brother and it lists my grandma's name(which is actually my step grandma that married my grandpa when my mom was like 4 or 5 and my moms real mom died) so we knew about all that mess but did not know she actually full blown adopted them. So I called my mom and she was all oh yea FYI. So my discovery was already discovered but again I am kind of irritated that no one has mentioned to me MY MOTHER was adopted by her step mom. Hey we don't need to tell Heather, who's trying to adopt, all about our family adoption secrets, let's let her be in the dark, or just assume she knows all. Thanks guys!
Amazing discovery #3. So my moms birth mom, Jo Nell, who died when she was 23, no one has really much discovered anything regarding her family either, there was some family reunion a few years back my mom and sisters went to on some side of that family but nothing really about Jo Nell, well I have already found some things out online and am totally about to open that up as well. YAY!
With mine and Adells powers combined we are Family Tree history of all important family knowledge secret team!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment