Today turned out to go rather well. Except the mass amount of rain our road got all at once turning it into a pile of mud.
Brittany's CASA worker came out today to see her. She was super nice and told us what a great job we are doing with her. She said that Brittany is doing great and adjusting well and that she was really glad with us quiting smoking and was sympathetic at what a hard job it was for us to even attempt. She left us with a smile and we left to go to work leaving Brittany with Adell. It was a good morning but the lady was wearing red high heals and they were completely covered in mud by the time she got from the middle of our road to our house. She was driving a car and couldn't drive all the way up without getting stuck. lol She had a good laugh though and was a good sport about it. Of all the days and days it never rained and she had to come TODAY! lol oh well, she is going to be telling our CPS worker to relax on her concerns with us and our house and confirmed that CPS lady is a crazy crazy bitch. Not in those words but you know. :)
I still haven't had a ciggarette. I must say it is a little easier this go around but still the anxiety is there and I am chewing on a peice of gum like its nobodies business. My boss is super stressed today too and I think she might just kill someone. There is apparantly a group of middle aged men in Huffman running around robbing businesses and they are trying to steal from her other business The Sawmill. They have been stalking out at night and these guys actually had the nerve to cut thru chain wire at 11:30 at night to steal their equipment and tractor. Its just sooo insane. Its the Saw Mill right in front of James Maddon's neighborhood. Her son Buck who lives across the streat was up all night with a shot gun. lol Huffman drama. Too bad I know about it. I would rather have been in the dark and not be apart of this hillbilly stupidness.
I think Brittany may have some attachment issues. She wants to do nothing but have me or Jeff hold her constantly while she plays or does something. At the same time she wants to be totally independent and how dare you try to feed or do something for her. Is this normal? WTH?
It is also Tara's Birthday! Happy Birthday Aunt Tara, even though you probably don't read this. I am thinking about you. I asked today if we can make a trip to Austin and supposedly our CASA worker is inquiring about it. I will touch base with her again tomorrow and see if we got an answer. They said it may be tricky because its out of region. HUMMMMMM......
Work is still boring. It is still raining.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Glad she put your worries at ease a little!
Yes, we are definitely still on for Sunday! I got the side dish and dessert!
Can't wait to see her!!
I just want you to know that I am so super proud of you for quitting smoking. I can't even imagine how freaking hard it actually is. I know that you will be better off without them and that you will be there for your precious baby girl!!! Way to go HEATHER!!!!! Love ya!
Post a Comment