Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Good news for people who like bad news

Yesterday was insane. First off, let me reiterate the fact that stress from CPS never goes away. Then let me also include stress from people creating drama and hyjacking my email and my life and refuses to admit it. It was a stressful day. But then I got home, got calm, refocused and played with Brittany. It all became worth it. Jeff got home and we sat in her room after dinner and rolled around on the floor. I saw it for the first time, yes the first, yesterday with Jeff and Brittany. Pure magic. It was like nothing else was on his mind but him and his baby. I then ran a song in my head and the room split. I am telling you, something good will come of this in the end.

Tomorrow CASA worker is coming to the house, again, for her monthly visit. This time she is bringing along her boss, Penny. The road is actually dry today so hopefully it won't rain it's butt off before she shows up and ruins another pair of high heal pumps. Word on the street is they just completed another home study on a family that was interested in adopting Brittany. They showed interest in her in the beginning but have sat on their butts until now, right before her parental rights are terminated. Casa worker said not to fret and she doesn't think they will pass, on top of that it's ultimately up to a judge and when he sees the committment and relationship we have for Brittany at court, hopefully it will outweigh any ties with the other family, which is not even family, its friends of the family. BUT still it reminds us we are not completely safe from disruptions. I think they are coming by before court in September to make any final judgements to add to the report that will be handed in to determine her future. They also want to meet Adell. She is nervous, as should be. I had to threaten her to lock up her dogs this morning while they are here. I would be so pissed if a giant bassett hound came crashing out of the woods to attach the CASA worker who holds our future in her hands.

Also Brittany is going to start daycare on Monday. It's going to be so awesome. She has been staying home with Adell during the day while we are at work but it was suggested to us that she continue having her Friday play groups to interact with other kids. After much extended research this play group was too far away from us for her to attend on Fridays for a couple of hours and we thought it would be much more structured and routine for her to attend a daycare for 3 days during the week. We of course, got some backlash for this, but I think it is our decision to make as parents not to mention we were recommended this by CPS. She needs to be around other kids and learn to socialize. She doesn't need to be at home all day with grandma learning by herself. Although she is learning everyday there is nothing better than social skills and learning side by side with kids her own age. I would think people would understand this. They don't have to agree with us but keep your opinions to yourself. DAYCARE IS NOT THE DEVIL. Thats like saying school is the devil and kids should only be home schooled. INSANE. And I might add the fact that we have waited A LONG TIME to be parents. It is our choice and our turn to make decisions. They may not be the right decisions all the time but they are OUR decisions and we have earned that right. DEAL!

Also I was trying to look up the timeline for this years Renaissance Festival and apparantly they are having the Ghoul theme for Halloween on the weekend before Halloween, the 25th and 26th. BUMMER. I was hoping it was actually on Halloween. Maybe it will change before then. It is still a couple of months away. That's possible right?

Also my friend Melissia and her husband Lenard got chosen yesterday for a 7 month old baby. I know I have talked about them a million times but let me say again they are the couple using DDC too who have basically the exact same child history as us and started adoption on the same freaking day as us. 1/7/2008. We have been talking since then and comparing things as we go side by side. Well now they are offically parents! YAY! I am sooooo happy for them! It is such a blessing. God is awesome.

No comments: