So Kade always had a beautiful smile. The first time I saw him after surgery I almost cried because he will never smile as big again. But it didn't always stay so pretty.... days after surgery were horrible. I never had time to post until now. This is Kade on 3/19 just days before surgery.
This is him just post op, 3/22, just coming out of anesthesia. See how crusty and swollen he is?
It gets worse. 3/23 he was so so so swollen and miserable. I pretty much had him jacked up on meds and passed out. He bearly could eat and we had to position his bottle to the side. He wimpered and cried and had arm braces on unless I was holding him.
3/24 its not as swollen but still pretty painful. His nose would run and leak blood and crust. It was kinda scary but we knew it would happen. We had to keep his stitches wet with cream and he hated it to be touched but he is getting better every day eating without it hurting as bad.
3/27 his lip and nose are looking much better now and his glue is starting to come off. I try to keep it clean and let his arms breath as much as possible but he is still pretty angry about being restrained. He wants to put everything back in his mouth about this time and doesnt understand why it hurts to touch his mouth and nose. His lip gets scabby from rubbing on his arm braces trying to itch it and I can tell from the itching that its healing.
3/30 he looks soooo much better. I think most of his glue if not all is gone by now. Braces are being kept off for the most party because he seams to not be hurting himself and can sleep much better without them. Helping my sanity.
4/1 Glue is completely off. Just a stitch under his nose and some puss pocket that developed from there still being a gap and probably snot coming out his nose. He is awhole different baby compared to just days ago and is back jumping full time. lol
4/12 Puss pocket gone. Still has stitch under his nose and his notstril is closed partially from irritation and swelling but the Dr says it will go down with time and will eventually open back up fully. The stitch will desolve and to still keep cream on it. His lip will pull up slightly just from the scare but after a year it will go back down and you will hardly notice he had a cleft palate.
Today we went to his second follow up and the Dr was very pleased with his progress. Tomorrow his social worker comes for her first visit. She JUST called to set. I haven't really spoken to her since he came. I asked her how much he weighed at birth and she said 6.3 lbs and was 19 inches long. So that's good to know since his Dr's always ask and I don't know anything. She said nothing is new with the case and his birth mom keeps calling and saying she wants to work the plan but then doesn't do anything. She seams not to like the BM. I guess I will find out more tomorrow though.

No comments:
Post a Comment