Thursday, January 15, 2009

Falling out of Bed...seriously?

I have been sick for like a month on and off. I don't know what it is but I am either sharing germs with Brittany who has had the longest case of runny nose or its allergies, or perhaps allergies and germs have been tag teaming me for so long they have formed some kind of allergerms. Point is last night I was so tired and snotty and sick I fell asleep on the sofa, when I woke up and proceded to my bed to go to sleep I reached up to turn the light off above my bed, lost balance and fell backwards onto the floor. Jeff came rushing in and said all he heard was THUMP and "oh shit...." I don't even remember saying anything but laughing hidiously and crawling back into bed. LOL

So anyways, our porch is still missing its better half and things are back to normal otherwise. I schedule Brittany a Developmental Assessment with a Psychologist in Feb. We need this in order to finish wrapping up the paperwork and finalizing the adoption. Resources tell me (aka my social worker) that she will request an updated home study from my clinician sometimes in March and should receive that back by April. Once she gets that in she will write up the paperwork to negotiate subsidy with the state and we will sign the papers in agreement for that. Once that comes back we can go find us a lawyer to write up some more papers and set a court date where we will finalize in court. So yay! I am excited. Apparantly this assessment will give us more of an idea where Brittany is developmentally so we can negotiate more child care and support if needed. I don't think she has any delays though. The only thing really is her speech. She isn't saying anything very clearly and mummbles allot. Again I was told this is common for kids til they are about 2 but after being around my neice Makena who literally spoke like an adult at 12 months old it makes me worried.

hummmm what else is there to report on? I changed her PCP (primary care physician) to a Dr closer to our house. Last week I set an appointment to see her Dr in Kingwood but he wasn't there so we had to drive all the way out to The Womans Center down freaking town. That's really so much hassle and headache and takes all day. And what really tics me off is that when we get there he says "She has an ear infection" writes us a perscription and sends us off. He does nothing whatsoever for her cough and nevermind the fact she has been wheezing for two days and coughing so much she throws up. He says he is a minimalist and if its not killing her not to worry about it. What an ass. So I found one in Cleveland that my cousin and now my sister goes to for Aiden. I set up an appointment to follow up on the ear infection for Monday. We will see how that goes.

My throat is killing me, making me cough at the worst times on the phone and I can't even stop it.

Jeff has gout...again. I looked up some info on the internet yesterday and it says to drink coffee, tons of water, cherries and blueberries and soak your gout infested area in charcoal paste. So Jeff did all that yesterday, except the charcoal paste, and this morning said it was feeling a tad better....hum go figure.

Also my friend Melissia's baby London is 1 year old today! I can't believe how fast time has flown by. She got London when she was 7 months old and already its her BIRTHDAY!!! She should be finalizing her adoption around the same time we do. They also started at the exact same time we did. Pretty cool!!!

No comments: