Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Poor Baby



Poor little man had his surgery Monday. Things went good. They almost didn't let him go in because he had a cough but decided to let him since his lungs were clear. My mom went with me. Thank God. It was so hard to come in after the surgery and see him moan and cry coming out of anesthesia. They gave me some tylenol with codine to take home for the pain.



This is him pretty drugged out. But they did a good job. Its kinda hard to tell because its swollen and today the whole side of his little face is swollen. Its been a bad two days but we will make it thru. He prob wont have another surgery until he is 7. They said the cleft in his palate is not in the hard palate and quite frankly is really on in the left side of his gums. He will need dental work and some bone graph from is hip injected into his gums when he is 7 to repair it. They said his gums will naturally kinds level out between now and then as he grows. He shouldn't have any problem with his hearing and very few with speech. Kinda freaked me out today when he took a nap because he woke up with blood coming out of his nose a bit, old blood, because his nose was runny and snotty. He was PISSED and hungry but today it hurts a bit more to eat because its so swollen.

My clinician called me today and said the licensing team wanted some paperwork from the hospital to say WHY he needed surgery. Are you freaking kidding me? Cleft Lip is just not enough reason huh? So I emailed my clinician the only paperwork I got from the hospital. Hopefully that will do. Idiots. CPS was after all the ones who set all this up. Shouldn't they be calling them? Not me? I swear, after we adopt him.... that's freaking it. I am not saying no one should take this route but honestly how do people put up with them for years and years? I guess its just one of those win some lose some and keep on tring deals. Okay I am dilerious... its like 9 and I need to go to bed... I am raceing the clock. Little man wakes up every two hours to get comferable and then eats every 4 hours. Then needs meds every 6 and Brittany wakes up around 7 or 8. LOL Driving me insane.

1 comment:

Beka said...

You are right, poor baby. I couldn't imagine having to do that so YAY to you. If you need anything, don't hestiate to let me know!!