Friday, October 3, 2008

What day is this?


Okay so I definetely want to post some pics up from the storm but I am going to go ahead and do a quick little up date on what all has been going on. When I say I am busy, I seriously mean I am BUSY! Work seems like it is cracking down more and more on taking me some personal blogger time and that is throwing a wrench in my blogging for sure.

First thing is first. Hurricane Ike turned out to be a doozy in the Buck house. Giant 32'' oak tree standing pretty in the front yard is now laying in peices on the ground. Looks like an oak cemetery. Oaker decided it was time to bite the dust and he was taking out my porch and bed room corner with it. We have a tarp up protecting us from 95% of the mosquitoes harvested in our woods but we still have yet to hear from our inspector. We did get one guy to come out and take a look at the damage and he estimated about $15,000 in repairs, for the house alone. We still need to fix the porch and septic so it's going to be a hefty claim. Shit that isn't nothing though. I get calls all the time from people with 50,000+ claims.

My mom's birthday recently passed. My mommy is now 48! We got her a nice foot spa. Just what she wanted. I can't believe how close she is to 50. My mom is going to be one of those old decrepid ladies who can still slap the shit out of you if you look at her wrong. I love my mom!

We are set to go take some family pics Sunday. I can't wait.

I am still debating the whole ear peircing thing for Britty. I think she is totally going to rip them out. Plus I don't want to see her cry. I know she fakes fits all the time and somedays she cries all day long but those are just alligator tears. I don't want to see the real tears. I am such a sucker.

Jeff's birthday is on the 12th. He wants a helicopter. He is currently in search of one.

We were offered a Macaw. Yes a giant ass blue bird! For FREE. We are undecided on that as well. I would seriously LOVE a bird the size of Brittany but those birds SCREAM. I think I would snap one day and punch it in the face. I am sure his giant beak would catch me mid swing and bite my finger off. Plus they live to be 100. That thing would be burrying me one day.

What else?

Took Britty to the Dr today. No ear infection as we thought. Just pulling on her ears from her back teeth coming in. I almost cried the other day realizing that although we have only had the priviledge of having her in our lives for 3 months one day she is going to be losing those baby teeth and then she won't be our baby, she will be our big girl. Isn't that so sad and corny? I have decided mommyhood makes one that way. I would feel like a monster if I didn't feel so sappy.

Still need Halloween costume ideas. I have a deadline people! Need to go to the Halloween store this weekend!

Also.....found some new candy it's the RAVE! Let me copy and paste what I sent to Mellisia.

"http://www.gingerpeople.com/ Last weekend me and Jeff and B were at Target and I found a box of candy at the check out called "ginger chews". And they looked sooooo weird I just had to try them for a dollar! Plus I never ate any ginger but always wanted to buy some while I was grocery shopping and try it out, so I thought this would be like a sample of it. Well it turns out those are the best damn things I ever put in my mouth! They are sweet and spicy and feels like you are chewing on a warm cup of spicy tea or something. So werid and addicting! The box was a 2 oz 10 peice box I ate in two days! The minute I ate the last one I got online and ordered 5 lbs of it!!!!! lol Just wanted to share! If you are all about trying something new then try these if you ever see them! I don't think Wal Mart carries them but Target and Specs does! I ordered the 5lbs special for Halloween assorted peices. lol it costs me 35 dollars! Jeff was laughing at me sooooo hard! Then I got online and read all about the benefits of ginger. Turns out it stops cramps and helps with indigestion. hummmm interesting! Sorry to sound like an advertisement but I am totally hooked. "

The end. Will provide house pics and me eating chinger chews later next week.

No comments: